Friday, July 10, 2009

if my heart had wings

dear time,
you are moving too fast for my liking. if you didn't know i am here in jerusalem, its my new favorite place to be. i know you are on some constant movement thingy but i would really like it if you could pause for just a little bit. my dearest time, i only have 5 weeks left here in the holy land. i know to you that may seem like a lot but it's really not. life will come, i know that, but could you hold it off for just a bit longer. i'll be in the galilee for the next two weeks. when i get back to jeru i'm counting on you time to slow down.
i never expected to love jeru so much. i never expected to want to stay and not go home. now that i'm here and i have to leave soon i'm freaking out a little. a lot is waiting for me back home and to be honest i enjoy the little bit of simplicity i have found here.
so this is my plee to you time. slow down as much as you can. i know you have to keep moving but couldn't you pause for even a minute?
thanks for your consideration. time you are my new best friend.

yours truly
sydney

2 comments:

  1. Syd, I loved catching up on what you're doing out there. I felt the exact same way about time when I was in Ecuador. But that day will come when you're on the plane and you are still in shock that it came and went so fast and that you felt so much more than you expected to...but it's a good thing. If you wanted to go home you'd be missing out on finding yourself in Jeru and all the amazing experiences you're having. Just live every second of it like you have been and you may miss it a lot, but you won't have any regrets. Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 weeks wow that went by sooo fast ....come on i know you wanna come home sooo bad cause you misss us here soo much.....

    love ya

    ReplyDelete

love notes