Monday, June 13, 2011

a letter to byu

byu,

i just walked out of my very last class of my undergrad.
and now i sit in your library for the very last time
so many emotions fill my heart

remember when i started here,
i hated it and wanted to transfer to the u (well i wanted to transfer about every semester but...)
over time i grew to love your beautiful campus
your wonderful professors
and knowledge filled library

i started here 4 years ago with a plan
over the last 4 years that plan has changed dramatically but only for the better

you brought me countless friends and memories
you took me to jerusalem, where i left a piece of my heart
you helped me fall in love with the harp
and opened my mind to knowledge i never thought i could understand

you brought spencer into my life
and created a beginning of a new family 

thank you for helping me grow
for helping me find myself and find a new path
i will miss your beautiful campus
i will miss your zoobie ways
i will miss your intense classes
and i will miss the constant learning

you always say,
enter to learn, go forth to serve....

well that is what i intend to do
i have learned so much about the world, politics, life and myself within your walls
and now i fully intend to take what i've learned and share it with the world

one day i'll change the world
and i will owe it to the four years i have spent in happy valley.

so byu,
though i may never really consider myself a cougar
you will always be my alma mater
and i will say that with pride

thank you for the best four years of my life
see you again in a couple of months when i officially walk across your stage
dressed in blue
and accept the document that proves 4 years at byu makes one a better person.

i will miss you byu (shh don't tell my family that)

forever,
your favorite ute
squid

2 comments:

  1. Congrats girl! That is an amazing accomplishment! Love your blog btw.. Even have it bookmarked on my phone ;]

    ReplyDelete

love notes