Sunday, December 27, 2009

take every chance you dare

for anybody who knows me just a little bit knows a few things about me....

1. i'm super short and proud of it
2. i am not what you'd call a quiet person
3. i am obsessed with headbands and head accessories!

but there are a few things that only the really close to me know and i want to share one with the world today...

i am obsessed with folk music. not the old school folk stuff from different countries (but i do still like that). i'm talking about the modern banjo playing folk! my favorite folk band is nickel creek, on sad days i'll turn on nickel creek in my car and sing my little heart out. on good days i'll turn on a new nickel creek song and i'll replay it until i've learned all the words.

my new favorite nickel creek song is "when you come back down" . it is probably one of the sweetest songs i've heard in a long time. if you're bored and want some new great tunes consider looking in the folk direction. you'll be surprised how great modern folk can be!

yes i'll be the first to admit i'm a weird individual but i'm totally okay with it!

7 comments:

  1. You are going to have to replace Christmas with some of these songs.
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way-this is your mommy speaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you stopped by my blog! To answer your question, I use Memory Mixer for scrapbooking. It's easy schmeazy and lots of fun!! Hope your Christmas was great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so this might make you so jealous you will want to cry, but basically i saw bon iver and iron & wine (actually just sam beam which was actually better than when i saw the whole band and paid for it) for free at the gallivan center this summer and my life was complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so this might make you so jealous you will want to cry, but basically i saw bon iver and iron & wine (actually just sam beam which was actually better than when i saw the whole band and paid for it) for free at the gallivan center this summer and my life was complete.
    also the word verification i had to type is "tulleura"...that sounds kind of like an ABBA song

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do print my pages, and usually through Costco, which I THINK is $1.50/page for 8x8. However, I intend to create a book for each year through Memory Mixer. I haven't done that yet, but my daughter-in-law did and they are AWESOME!!!! Welcome to digi scrapbooking--you're going to LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to see you!! And you're not weird at all...folk music is amazing. It's most definitely my favorite AND that song by nickel creek is an all time favorite of mine. We had it on our wedding mix...it's just awesome. I miss you and hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete

love notes