Tuesday, December 7, 2010

the mrs. has a memory

i saw a little girl walking with her mom today and it reminded me of a memory from when i was 12.

i had the biggest crush on a boy a year older than me who went to a rival jr. high.
every time our two schools would play each other i'd go to the game hoping he'd be there.

finally i was sure he was coming to our basketball game.
so i dressed up really cute.
ya know, doc. martins and everything. i even remember wearing my tommy hilfigure red white and blue shirt. (apparently it was the cutest outfit i had)

my mom did my hair until i was in 9th grade.
it wasn't because i couldn't do it. no it was because i loved the bonding time and i loved the fact that i didn't have to do my own hair.
i had a few hair styles i rotated through but this day i did my traditional two braids with matching bows at the bottom (now mind you not the cheap bows, no legit ribbon bows).

i remember i had two big red bows.
and yes i was in 7th grade (jr high).

i went to the game.
saw my friend talking to my crush.
so i went and started talking to my friend.

my crush turned to me and said...
"what are you from little house on the prairie or something?"

i was crushed. i ran to the bathroom. took out my bows. took out my braids.
i never wore two braids again.
i never liked said boy again either.

you may have a picture of my little 7th grade self in your head, but just so you know i was a stinkin cute 7th grader.
but maybe i shouldn't have been wearing bows and braids in 7th grade.


i told this story to the mr.
and his comment
"i would have said the same thing"

i hit him (nicely of course)

(so this isn't me with braids but it is me in 7th grade, i'm the one in the middle. if the braids weren't bad enough check out the huge glasses) 

one day. when i'm doing my little girls hair.
i'll do two braids and two big bows. and i will tell her how beautiful she looks just like my mom did for me.
and it will be true!

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

    that was jeffrey and myself laughing at you.


    hahaha so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

    that was jeffrey and myself laughing at you.


    hahaha so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. That picture is priceless. As is the story.

    ReplyDelete

love notes